Get Sassie!® is currently seeking a Vice President of Operations for our Falmouth, MA facility. To be considered for this position, please forward your resume.
Compensation: Stipend + Stock
Experience: 7+ years
Reports to: President
Location: Falmouth, MA
Number of Employees: 1-10
Get Sassie!® is an innovative consumer products company focused on the culinary/sugar art industry. Our patent-pending line of products at present includes 4 sugar-glue solutions. Our target consumer is the American female, ages 34-54 who participates in crafting projects at home. Our revenue is supported both by B2C through online sales, and B2B wholesale accounts with craft retailers worldwide.
Get Sassie!® is looking for a expansion stage company VP of Operations to oversee and lead the growth of its rapidly expanding production capability. This highly motivated person will have the right mix of hands-on and leadership abilities, team-building experience, and analytic skills to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
Ground floor, first manufacturing executive. Responsible for meeting monthly production numbers with additional responsibility of the management and coordination of production operations including automation, assembly, receiving, quality and stores, to improve the facility’s performance in on-time shipping, inventory turnover, product throughput and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure alignment of the company manufacturing function to overall company core values and strategic goals.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and operations, which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, capital and automation.
- Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedule while insuring product quality that exceed customers’ expectations.
- Implement manufacturing and quality strategies to ensure the facility supports Company strategic initiatives of ISO and Six Sigma certification.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities, utilizing self-directing work groups for problem solving and cost reduction.
- Represent company manufacturing function at company new product development meetings and production scheduling.
- Facilitate a smooth transition between company engineering and manufacturing functions during the development of new consumer products.
- Work with the senior management team to develop, deploy and oversee a comprehensive manufacturing strategy across the company.
- Recruit, manage and train a production team. Your team will be expected to meet and exceed monthly production objectives.
- Set, meet and exceed production schedules, and cost objectives.
- Stay abreast of trends and best practices to maximize manufacturing efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Excel in a fast growing, high energy and creative environment.
- 7+ years of experience with 4+ years as a senior team member.
- Self-starter who is confident in an entrepreneurial environment and has a track record of using analytic skills to proactively develop new insights that drive operational strategy, cost reduction/throughput efficiencies.
- Knowledgeable about and able to implement manufacturing automation technologies and best practices.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities and issues, and design strategies and processes to continuously improve the organization.
- Excellent leadership, mentoring, energy, judgement, communication, interpersonal, management and analytical skills required.
- Flawless written and oral communication skills.
- Passionate about growing and building a business to its full potential.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree desired.